South Carolina                                           
EDGAR A. BROWN BUILDING 1205 PENDLETON ST., SUITE 325 COLUMBIA, SC 29201 VOICE: (803) 734-0550 FAX: (803) 734-6400



Can I talk to the Hearing Officer? (click here)

Who Can Represent Me? (click here)

How does my case get to the OMVH?

§    A request for a contested case hearing must be filed directly with the OMVH with the required filing fee of $200.  The filing fee cannot be waived and is nonrefundable.  Once the case has been assigned to a Hearing Officer, a hearing notice will be sent to you and all other parties. If you have an attorney, it will be sent to your attorney instead of you. The hearing notice will state the date, time, and place of the hearing.    Notices will be sent to the email provided by the parties.

§    Remember the $200 filing fee is required and your case will not be processed until it is received.

Can I get information about my driving record?

§       The OMVH does not have access to SCDMV records, and it would not be proper for the OMVH to discuss your driving record.  If you have questions regarding your license or other SCDMV matters, please contact the SCDMV Help Desk at (803) 896-5000.

Can I subpoena someone or documents for my hearing?

§  Subpoena Instructions (click here)

§  Attorney Subpoena (click here)

§  Non-attorney Subpoena (click here)



ALC and OMVH Return of Service (click here)


Is the hearing location accessible to people with disabilities?

§     The OMVH hearing rooms are accessible to persons with physical disabilities.  If you or other persons planning to attend a hearing require reasonable accommodation, please contact the  OMVH as soon as possible so arrangements can be made.

Can I obtain an audio recording of the hearing?

§   Yes.  The cost for the audio recording is $10 and you will be required to send the payment (via money order, cashier’s check, or certified check) before it will be mailed to you.  If you need the transcript prepared (i.e., for appeal), you will need to have it transcribed by a certified court reporter at your expense. If you represent yourself, you may be required to submit a deposit before it will be transcribed.  The OMVH will forward the audio to the court reporting service upon their request.  For further questions regarding transcript preparation or to request the audio recording, contact the Administrative Coordinator.

How can I appeal a decision from the OMVH?

§  A party may appeal the final decision of the OMVH to the South Carolina Administrative Law Court within 30 days of receipt of the decision.  The appeal will be heard by an Administrative Law Judge.  For more information, contact the Clerk of the Administrative Law Court at (803) 734-0550 or review the Rules of Procedure for the Administrative Law Court, a copy of which is available on the Court’swebsite,




Disclaimer: This website does not contain legal advice. The information on this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice. Accordingly, before taking any actions based upon this information, we encourage you to consult with a licensed attorney.

A PDF reader or viewer is required to view the orders. For a free version:







Copyright © 2024 South Carolina Administrative Law Court